Volunteer with Year Up
- Open doors and build professional networks for ambitious young people
- Support young adults in their career-readiness preparation
- Build your coaching and training skills
- Strengthen your community by empowering young adults to achieve the professional and academic success needed to secure better jobs and support their families
- Mock interviews: Help students gain experience with the corporate interview process and guide them to perfect answers to commonly asked questions.
- Resume Reviews: Review resumes and offer feedback & guidance to help students present their growing skills.
- Academic Tutoring: Provide support to a student who needs some extra help with their coursework.
- Guest Speaker Series: Share your story and insights with young adults entering the corporate world as a guest speaker or panelist.
- Lunch N' Learns: Participate in a smaller, more informal opportunity to engage with students over lunch conversations.
- Networking Events: Help students practice their elevator pitches and build relationships with professionals.
- Corporate Partner Days: Engage in a panel-style discussion centered around corporate norms and expectations with Q&A from students.
- Career Readiness/Internship Presentations: Attend presentations where students demonstrate the skills they have built during their time at Year Up, share their goals, and reflect on their experiences.
Volunteers play an important role in supporting young adults in their professional journey. From IT and Software Development to Business Operations and Sales & Customer Support, Year Up provides a wide range of jobtraining pathwaysfor young adults. We look for volunteers from diverse professional backgrounds to share their career experience, advice and networks with Year Up participants.We ask that our volunteers have:
- At least three years of full-time professional work experience or be a Year Up alumni
- A strong desire to empower young adults to reach new levels of academic and career success
- A demonstrated commitment to diversity, equity, inclusion and belonging by being open to diverse perspectives, values and cultural experiences
- Excellent English communication and writing skills